RSS English

Monday, September 29th

The Government will discuss the draft budget amendment already posted on the website of Ministry of Finance

The Government will discuss, this week, the draft budget amendment that was already posted on the website of the Ministry of Finance. The rectification, the second this year, is on the whole a positive one. The Ministries of Labor, Interior and Regional Development will receive extra money, as well as the Senate, the High Court of Cassation and Justice, the Ombudsman and the special services. The budget allowances will be cut, however, for the General Secretariat of the Government, Ministries of Finance, Agriculture and Health as well as the Presidency, Romanian Academy, education, sport and culture.

Crime Prevention Week

Bucharest Crime Prevention Week is underway until October 3rd. The Police will meet with hundreds of people and provide them advice, explanations, useful examples of how to avoid to become victims of crimes. Every day during the next week, starting at 10:30, police from 'Prevention' have scheduled meetings, open lessons, discussions, educational videos, for everyone, children, adults and elderly alike.

Romania has received Norwegian funds to carry out a program for preventing and combating HIV/AIDS

Romania has received funding from Norway to carry out a program designed to prevent and control HIV/AIDS and hepatitis B and C. The program primarily provides tests and care for vulnerable groups, such as injecting drugs users. The number of HIV infections among injecting drugs users increased significantly between 2007 and 2013. Over 1,000 patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis will receive treatment, and another 10,000 people will be tested to prevent the spread of tuberculosis within the project launched today. Also, 35,000 people will benefit from interventions aimed at reducing HIV and hepatitis B and C infections among drug users. The program has a value of nearly 25 million euros, out of which 85 percent are Norwegian funds, and the remaining 15% are financed by the Ministry of Health.

Eugen Preda, the first CEO of Romanian Radio, would have celebrated today his 85th anniversary

Today, Eugen Preda, the first CEO of Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company would have celebrated his 85th anniversary. Mr Preda was appointed CEO of Radio Romania after 1989, and he was known, both in Romania and abroad, as: "Mr. Radio". In the turbulent days after December 1989 he took over the leadership of the public radio, managing, with a smile on his face and the calm that characterized him, to transform a propaganda institution into a true public broadcaster in a democratic country. He passed away on July 27th 2000.

Natalia Polikarpov

RADOR News Agency - 29.09.2014 18:38